Dr. Homer Rowley was born in Fultonville, NY on February 8, 1880. He was the son of Dr. Charles W. Rowley, a Methodist minister at Potter Hill and later in Hoosick Falls. Dr. Homer Rowley was graduated from Troy Academy in 1900 and from the dental school of the University of Pennsylvania in 1903. He came to Hoosick Falls on July 1, 1904 and remained here until his death in 1975. He married Genevieve Baker of Mechanicville and they had three children, two girls and a son. They lived on 35 High Street, the home now owned by Thomas Lemon.
Dr. Rowley held many offices in the Methodist Church on Main Street as well as the First United Church after the consolidation of the Methodist and Presbyterian congregations. He was a past exalted ruler of the Hoosick Falls Lodge of Elks, a past master of VanRensselaer Lodge, F&AM. He was a charter member of the Kiwanis Club and its second President, trustee of the Cheney Library, vice president of the Permanent Savings and Loan Association, member of the Board of Education, and a trustee of the village. He was the longest practicing dentist in Hoosick Falls.