Local Attractions in Hoosick Falls
Museum, 166 Main St., Hoosick Falls.
A museum of local interest featuring Grandma Moses and Walter A.
Falls Country Club, Richmond Ave., Hoosick Falls. A nine- hole golf course opened to the
public. It is one of the first
golf courses established in the capital district. It opened early in the 20th
Grove Cemetery, Hill Road, Hoosick Falls.
Cemetery. Grave of Grandma Moses,
world famous primitive artist.
Cemetery. Grave of Walter A.
House, 9 River Street, Hoosick Falls.
House built in 1853 by Ezra Robinson Estabrook. Naional Historic Preservation Site
First United Church, erected in 1887.
Falls Baptist Church, erected in 1884.
Conception Roman Catholic Church, erected in 1871.
Marks Episcopal Church, first services in the church were held in 1860.
Falls Post Office erected in 1928.
A National Historic Preservation site since 1988.
Hoosick Falls Historic District including the Grandma Moses Mural. A National Historic Preservation Site
Library opened in 1923. A gift of Charles Cheney to the people of Hoosick
Falls Cheney Public Library
Guard Armory, 80 Church St., Hoosick Falls, built in 1888. A National Historic Preservation Site
Local Attractions in the Town of Hoosick
10. Delaney’s Hotel, junction of Routes 22 and 67, North
Hoosick. Hotel built in the 1850’s. A
National Historic Preservation Site since 1996.
Bennington Battlefield, Route 67, Walloomsac, NY. Site of a Revolutionary War battle fought
August 16, 1777. A New York State Historic
- State Line House, Walloomsac. Built in eary 1800’s by Revolutionary
War Captain David Mathews.
- Buskirk’s Bridge, off Route 67,
Buskirk. Covered bridge over the
Hoosick River built in 1880.
Stone School House built in 1842.
A National Historic Preservation Site since 1978.